404 Lighthouse Road, East Point, PEI

Built in 1867, located near the south shore of East Point on Prince Edward Island.
This lighthouse is one of the Island’s last manned lighthouses and is one of the most popular sights on the Island. It is also one of the busiest aids to navigation for both deep sea traffic and the inshore and offshore fishery.
In the East Point Lighthouse the stairs wind up to the top of the white octagonal tower. The light station consists of a lighthouse, cottage, fog alarm, radio, beacon station, and an oil shed. In 1885, an addition was built to the fog alarm.
The light was put in operation during the winter months between 1940 to 1945 as an aid to the local Flying Schools. In 1965, there was a construction of a dwelling. It is presently running by means of electricity.